We are running an ongoing open call out for Technicians to support the work at Factory International, please apply in order to be added to our pool.
Casual Technician pool recruitment pack - download here
Factory International is a new, custom designed building that has large, flexible performance spaces that can be configured in a number of ways including a 5,000 standing capacity Warehouse space or a 1600 seat Hall with a 22m wide, 11m high proscenium. Our artists stretch the ambition further, reaching into every part of the building and the surrounding grounds and producing events across all artforms; Concerts, theatre shows, immersive art, exhibitions, awards ceremonies, festivals and corporate events.
Our casual technicians will work with the in-house and visiting technical teams to deliver the physical elements of all shows, artworks and events, ensuring that everything is delivered in a safe, sustainable and exciting way. What we create at Factory International today will entertain the world for years to come.
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people at all skill levels to join our casual technician pool who will help us to provide a professional, efficient and world class service to all users of our venue. Previous experience in a technical role (audio, lighting, video, staging, scenic, etc) is appreciated but we also want to hear from people just starting in the industry so we can help you learn and develop new skills in your career.
Factory International is a place to be proud of your background and your experience, while also providing the opportunity to learn and develop new skills. If you match any of the essential criteria below, we encourage you to apply and we welcome transferable skills from other industries.
The Responsibilities for the Casual Technician roles include;
- Support the full-time technical staff in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of fit-ups, show runs and get outs in line with company policy, current health and safety legislation and the requirements of the visiting production or event
- To work shifts as required on a casual basis which may require working early mornings, late nights, overnights, weekends and public holidays
- Work collaboratively as a team member, working well with others to ensure all required tasks are completed. Maintain a can do, professional attitude
- Implement and comply with the company health & safety policy. Work safely at all times, proactively identify risks to yourself, other colleagues and customers health, safety or security and take appropriate actions to keep everyone safe
- Ensure that all working areas are clean, tidy and safe. Raise any issues or areas of concern to a permanent technical team member
- Welcome and assist visiting production technical staff and companies to the venue, ensuring they are treated appropriately and that they receive first class service
- On occasion, set up and operate technical equipment as required and as directed by permanent staff members
- Attend training as required, developing skills and knowledge relevant to the role
The Person Specification for these Casual Technician roles are;
- Interest in the technical aspects of live events and/or the arts
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Logical problem solving skills and the ability to act on initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to work unsociable hours while being punctual and reliable
- Physically able to lift and move equipment and items safely
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Some relevant experience of working in either sound, lighting, video, stage, general crew or any other event based environment
- Experience of working within a producing venue
- IPAF Training
- First Aid Training
- Health & Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Ladder safety Training
- 3 Day Industry Rigging Training